Roses & Cabbage

"The question of common sense is always 'what is it good for?', a question which would abolish the rose and be answered triumphantly by the cabbage."
  ~James Russell Lowell


I love roses.  Back home, my 'antique' rose blooms for me every year around Mother's Day; it's a lovely, delicately pink flower called "Marchioness of Londonderry".  I also enjoy figurative roses, as in the things one does just for the heck of it, rather than out of necessity.   Unfortunately, I've noticed that my tastes consistently run toward things (roses, even) that require "cabbage".  Which is all to say that it's a shame that nearly everything we want to do, possess or give requires a steady job and a paycheck. 

Pretty soon, I'm going to have to give up roses for cabbage.  (Pouts.)


A green jay, whose coloring was inspired by the song "Green Jay".




My rather Mucha-esque "Ghost Girl".




A rough, dragony kind of sketch.




Inspired by a baby shower I attended this weekend...





Comments

Popular Posts