Rich Harmony

"Drawing and color are not separate at all; in so far as you paint, you draw. The more color harmonizes, the more exact the drawing becomes. When the color achieves richness, the form attains its fullness also."  
~Paul Cézanne


While my painting skills have improved, and I do feel more comfortable painting (digitally)... I think drawing will always be my first love.  There's just something about the simplicity of sketching that's hard to beat.   My painting studies have been going well, though; I'm pretty pleased with my seagull piece, for instance.  It's fun to 'draw' with brushes, observing the harmony of sketch and color.  

In other news, I'd like to thank everyone who follows Sketches & Draws -- both official followers and casual onlookers.  You're what makes blogging fun.  Thanks for checking out my little sketchblog, everyone!


"Seagull" is another sketchcard I did for Ripple -- head over there to help wildlife and receive some neat artwork!



"Hamlet & Horatio" -- Shakespeare meets the Blues Brothers 
(à la Shirt.Woot's 'Shakespeare' Derby)



"Dogs of War", another 'Shakespeare' entry.



"Headcrab" was inspired by the parasitic alien creatures from the "Half-Life" video games.  Macabre sense of humor? Check.



"Lizard Person" -- it's a long story.  They steal tomato soup.



"Love Without Words" is a design currently up for voting
over at Goodjoe, in their "Pets" contest; Goodjoe members, share the love! 
 

Comments

M.M.E. said…
I'm in awe of your seagull! Such amazing work here! I can't imagine how you get it all done.
artistaggie said…
Aw, thanks! :-D I was just admiring your work today, actually. Speaking of busy -- good luck with the move and San Jose and everything :-)

Popular Posts