Hit-or-Miss Ideas

"Painting is a nail to which I fasten my ideas."
 ~Georges Braque, Cubist painter & sculptor


I don't have very much to say here, artistically speaking.  Lately, my art has consisted primarily of struggling to come up with ideas for shirt designs. One of these days I'm going to figure out how to consistently come up with clever t-shirt ideas that will sell.  This hit-or-miss designing nonsense is starting to get kinda old.  Anyway... that's enough griping.  Time to show the artwork!


For Shirt.Woot's "Royalty" derby, I did a T-Rex royal crest design, "Tyrant Lizard King".  It's also currently up for voting in the Double-Take Derby



Just FYI, my "Barrel of Zombies" design is also a contender in the Double-Take Derby.



 "Delusions of Grandeur" was done for the "Shirt Titles Reinterpreted" Derby, in which designs were reinterpretations of previously printed shirt titles... as the Derby title indicates, actually.



Shirt.Woot introduced two new [gray, of all things] t-shirt colors, and so the "Silver Screen" Derby was born.  I did a little Nosferatu design called "Lunch Break".



Lastly, here's a baby Smaug sketch, because the Illustration Friday theme this week is "Asleep".



Comments

Popular Posts