Dec 27, 2011

Sketchin' Skills

"One must keep right on drawing; draw with your eyes when you cannot draw with a pencil."
 ~Jean-Auguste-Dominique Ingres


In an effort to keep my sketchin' skills from floundering, I figure I should strive to work faster and more simply -- and keep right on drawing.  My tendency is to get bogged down in rendering and perfecting; there's something to be said for simplicity, though!


This week's Illustration Friday theme is "Messenger", so here we have a wee little owlet-in-training at Hogwarts.



Also, this is the second illustration for the children's book I've been working on.

 

4 comments:

Marion said...

What a cute owl!

artistaggie said...

Thanks, Marion :-D

Ann Pilicer said...

Love love your owl in training! And your illo for the childrens book is wonderful! I love how you were able to capture all those details!!! well done! :D

artistaggie said...

Thank you so much, Ann! :-) The children's book is an exciting project; glad you like this illustration :-D