Tidings of Comfort and Joy

It has been said that art is a tryst, for in the joy of it maker and beholder meet.
  ~Kojiro Tomita


     "It's  beginning to look a lot like Christmas", as the song says.  There's certainly no snow outside; it's a sunshiny 70 degrees out there.  Nor is my little Christmas tree up yet.. because I'm lazy, let's be honest.  To top it all off, I have contracted the obligatory winter malaise.  I am one with the Kleenex box.  
     Most of the house is decorated, however, and having stockings by the chimney, a wreath at the front door, Christmas carols on my playlist and steaming mugs of hot chocolate with mini-marshmallows at the ready helps a lot.  Snow, schmow.  Sick, schmick.  Let us make merry!

This persistent Yuletide cheer has started to seep into my art, too, oddly enough.


Cover art for the Great Basset Hound Project.




A pen-and-ink Grover Cleveland sketch.




"Little Monarch", inspired by Little Monarch.




"Snow Faery" 





"The World in Solemn Stillness Lay"






Comments

Popular Posts