She is the Sea

Trying to ease what is [hopefully] the beginnings of [just] a cold -- in between steaming mugs of tea, I figure I can get a couple more pics posted. 


She is the Sea, fickle and lovely and dangerous.

 
Experimenting with composition (thus the lines of color), we have a flying carpet...



... and a dragon cliffhanger.  I like this composition technique, 
but using colored highlighter with 
pen sketches probably isn't the way to go.





Once I got a Wacom tablet, new worlds of art opened up.  I began trying to translate my traditional drawing skills to digital media, and soon I was spending hours using Photoshop CS2, Painter X and ArtRage -- often in conjunction with my pencil/pen sketches.


Snow White and Rose Red enjoying a spring day. 


Tom Selleck


Speedpaint of a startled centaur, gettin' the heck outta Dodge.


Dragons aren't invincible...



Study of a photo-poster that graced my bedroom door for years...

Comments

Popular Posts