Flexibility

“I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.”

~Jimmy Dean



It's always good to be open to unforeseen last-minute changes.  One day you're house-hunting, worried about asking prices and square footage, the next day your husband's job isn't quite rock-solid -- new houses aren't important anymore.  Things change.  One hopes to be able to take things in stride, if not prepare for them.  Fortunately for those of us encountering changes in the art world, there's Photoshop!  It's such a blessing to be able to drastically modify a piece of art, after you discover at the last minute that its dimensions are completely wrong.  I love the flexibility of working digitally!


"A sword, a spade, and a thought should never be allowed to rust"
~ James Stephens
Irish poet and storyteller, 1882-1950
The following pictures are titled "Rust", inspired by James Stephens' quote; I did these for a recent ArtOrder challenge.
 
"Rust" (original)

"Rust" (final version)



"Ragtime", conceptual poster design



A little "Mythbusters" fanart.
Happy Valentines Day!


Comments

Steph said…
Oh very nice! I saw your Rust challenge entry up at ArtOrder! Good luck!!

Popular Posts