Happy, Christmas-y Things

"Happy, happy Christmas, that can win us back to the delusions of our childish days; that can recall to the old man the pleasures of his youth; that can transport the sailor and the traveller, thousands of miles away, back to his own fire-side and his quiet home!"
~Charles Dickens


Amid the helter-skelter flurry of mailing out cards, wrapping presents, drinking eggnog [shout out to Southern Comfort Non-Alcoholic Eggnog, yay-uh!] and warding off cats from nibbling on the Christmas tree, it occurs to me that my blog could use some lovin'.  So then, in the Yuletide Spirit,  let us have some merry little works of art!


For Illustration Friday's "Sink" theme, I did a sketch of the Abominable Snow Monster, alias "Bumble".  When the band of misfits encounter the Monster, Yukon Cornelius exclaims that "Bumbles sink!" as the creature disappears into the icy waters.



You may have noticed a new "Buy My Shirt" ad on the blog; that's because my "Bake It So!" shirt's available now!  **NOTE: As of 12/26/11, "Bake It So!" is no longer available -- sorry**



This is why mailing out Christmas cards takes me forever -- I feel compelled to personalize the envelopes with themed (in this case, "baking") doodles.  Sigh.


If you use Tumblr, please feel free to visit me at "Scribbles & Bits"; I'd love some more followers!  I'll send Igor ("eye-gor"?) 'round to fetch you. 



And Woot members, if you've got a second, please go vote for my marshmallows at Shirt.Woot; my design's called "A Nice Warm Soak" -- thanks!


Comments

Unknown said…
beautiful illustrations! very cute!
MathewRhys said…
love this! bumbles is awesome you should write a book about him! :)
artistaggie said…
Thanks, Mathew! I've always thought the Bumble was an interesting character; apparently (per the movie), Bumbles also bounce..? What fascinating creatures! ;-)
Muffin Recipes said…
Great reading youur blog
Muffin Recipes said…
Thannks for this blog post

Popular Posts