Order and Abandon

"Great art is born when Apollonian form and Dionysian ecstasy are held in balance, 
when our dreams of order and abandon come together." 
~Michael Pollan, The Botany of Desire: a Plant's-eye View of the World


Still working on the whole "order and abandon" thing.  It'll come with time, I think, although it's always frustrating to see the work of the Masters and know that greatness is a long way off yet.  I can see some small progress in my work, though, and that's good.


I always enjoy working from photo reference.



Study of a Brian Froud drawing.



"Faery Pearl"



"Aurora"



"Lil' Red" -- I wish I'd done this sketch at a higher resolution!



"Let Down Your Hair", a tribute to illustrator Gordon Laite.



A white stallion, again from photo reference.

Comments

Popular Posts