Gabriel's Power, Satchmo's Grace

"The trumpet child will blow his horn
Will blast the sky till it’s reborn
With Gabriel’s power and Satchmo’s grace
He will surprise the human race."
 ~ Over the Rhine, "Trumpet Child"


So, remember in my last post, how I was all whiny about having to seek my fortune in the world?  If you're under the impression that I'm a lazy, spoiled good-for-nothing... well, two outta three ain't bad.  Today's been a day of counting my (plenteous!) blessings.  There's so much for which to be thankful.  For instance, I discovered Over the Rhine's album "Trumpet Child" today.  And because I'm a sucker for a good hook, the phrase "Gabriel's power and Satchmo's grace" struck a chord with me.  I love when that happens!


"Trumpet Child"




"Earl Grey" -- viva LolCats!




"Love", an idea for a poster.




"Baby Saint", another team spirit sketch.




Comments

Kitty Moore said…
Hi

Nice to meet you! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Kitty x
Isaac Weber said…
Great post, thank you.

Popular Posts