No-Mind, No Foul

"All true artists, whether they know it or not, create from a place of no-mind, from inner stillness."
~Eckhart Tolle

I wish that I knew whence my best works sprang.  Quite often, they seem to leap out at me from little sketch-doodles and take me completely by surprise.  If only I could harness the inspiration and make it work for me... oh, the time and effort I'd save. I might even be able to achieve modest success in t-shirt design!


"The Cake is a Lie", designed for Shirt.Woot's "Déjà-Vu" contest, is a mash-up of René Magritte's famous "pipe" piece and the infamous "cake" from the computer game "Portal".



"Samurai Sabers" (also from the "Déjà-Vu" contest) brings a bit of Star Wars to old Japan.



"Go with the Flow" has been my best-placing Shirt.Woot entry to date; it finished in 7th place in the "Psychedelia" derby and received an Honorable Mention.



"Blarg!" was my entry in the "Intergalactic Cup" derby... and my attempt to come up with a design having something to do with space-soccer.



"Primal", from Shirt.Woot's "De-evolution/DEVO" derby -- in which music, that "barbaric yawp", is glorified.


Comments

Popular Posts