The Best-laid Dreams

"A dream without a plan is just a dream. A dream with a plan may become a reality."
~Hap Hagood, sculptor

Since returning from a very enjoyable weekend in Washington, DC, life hasn't slowed down.  Work has continued on the Great Website Project (in conjunction with the Great Portfolio Project), housing issues have again arisen, lightning has struck (not 20 feet from our house), computer systems are down due to lightning, travel plans have changed.  Throughout, the art continues, and I'm feelin' pretty good about it.  
Recent encouragement from friends and entrepreneurs leaves me feeling that yes, my art is marketable and must be marketed -- feeling upbeat is so much better than succumbing to the "I sit and draw and have little to show for it" mentality.  The plan is this: armed (soon) with Website and Portfolio, I shall sally forth and seek my fortune.  Allons-y!


"Velociraptors of the Apocalypse", for Shirt.Woot's "End of the World" contest.



Unfinished sketch for "banjo pig" concept.



Study of a llama, from 1980 Nat. Geo. World cover; original photo by David Falconer.


Comments

Alyssapocalypse said…
Is there a way for me to buy that Velociraptor shirt from you? I've had an obsession with raptors and the apocalypse since I can remember, and I found this accidentally on google. And I was like OMG someone else thinks raptors will bring forth the apocalypse!?! Anyways, your art is beautiful.

Popular Posts