Autumn Honey

Art is the stored honey of the human soul, gathered on wings of misery and travail.

~Theodore Dreiser, Life, Art, and America, 1917


It's been a day for flitting about, planning for evening festivities and taking care of a million little things.  I procured the perfect autumnal scent today -- a "Pumpkin Harvest & Fall" candle.  I gathered the necessary [read: missing] ingredients with which to make my zucchini bread (and tonight's cornbread), and I filled my candied-apple candy jar with Brach's pumpkins.  Never fails, Brach's pumpkins mean "Fall" to me; my dad always bought us some when they hit the grocery store shelves every fall.  Funny how a little orange and green mellowcreme candy can embody an entire season.

Anyway, so goes the life of a busy bee -- and now, the honey...


Basset Hound studies, in preparation for
the Great Basset Hound Project of 2009










"Blue Ox"




"Snowy Owl"


 

Comments

Popular Posts